At Crabtree & Evelyn we understand and respect your concerns about the privacy and security of your personal data. We are committed to maintaining and using your personal data responsibly.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
INFORMATION COVERED BY THIS POLICY
WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED?
Information you give us
We collect personal data that you provide to us. This will include your name, billing address, shipping address, telephone number, e-mail address, credit card information, gender, user-generated content and date of birth - you may submit this personal data to us when you:
• Make a purchase
• Enrol in a loyalty, rewards, or promotional program
• Participate in interactive features on the Website such as product reviews
• Sign up to receive e-mails or other notifications from us
• Enter a contest or sweepstakes
• Fill out a survey
• Create and update your Crabtree & Evelyn account
• Use a social media service like Facebook or Twitter to communicate with us
• Submit a request to our customer service department
In order to purchase products or open an account with us, you must provide us with certain personal data (which will be indicated as mandatory) , otherwise we will not be able to fulfil your order or you will not be able to open an account with us. If you make an enquiry or otherwise contact us, you will also need to provide us certain contact information, otherwise we will be unable to respond to you.
Information we collect
• IP address, login information, browser type, location, time zone, operating system, and other technical information
• Information about your visit, including the websites you visit before and after our Website and products you viewed
• Length of visits to pages on the Website, and page interaction information.
Emails that we send as part of our marketing programs may use web beacons and other technologies that tell us whether an email has been opened. We may also collect data using cookies on this website and on other websites to understand how you interact with our advertising to make sure we’re delivering it in the most relevant way. When you provide publicly available content, such as content posted to a social media page, we may collect that information.
Information we receive from others
We may receive personal data about you from third parties that we work with, including, for example, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies, and fraud detection providers.
HOW IS MY INFORMATION USED?
We may collect, store, and process your personal data for the following purposes:
• To process, track, and fulfil your order
• To communicate with you about the status of an order and respond to any requests or complaints
• To identify your product and service preferences
• To administer a sweepstakes or contest
• To deliver coupons, marketing communications, and ads
• To administer loyalty, rewards, and promotional programs
• To improve the effectiveness of the Website
• To prevent fraudulent transactions
• To help us market our products more effectively
• If we are obliged to by reason of any applicable law, regulation or court order and/or to protect our interests and legal rights; and
• For any other purposes for which we have your consent.
WILL MY INFORMATION BE SHARED?
We may also share, transfer or disclose your personal data with trusted companies that provide business support services to us (such as shipping, name and address verification, customer service, contest administration, email distribution, fraud detection, and promotions fulfilment), companies that help us market our products and services, and analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of this website. These companies are not authorized to use the personal data we share with them for any other purpose or to send you unsolicited email.
With your prior consent, we may share names and addresses from our mailing list with carefully chosen marketing partners.
We may also share, transfer or disclose aggregated statistical or demographic information with third parties in a manner that does not reveal personal data.
WHERE IS MY INFORMATION STORED?
The data we collect may be transferred to and stored at destinations outside Singapore. It may also be processed by personnel operating outside Singapore who work for us or for one of our service providers. To protect your data we will enter into appropriate contractual arrangements or otherwise with any companies we share data with outside Singapore to ensure the safeguarding of your personal data and such parties will act at all times in compliance with applicable laws. We will only transfer your personal data to locations outside of Singapore where we are satisfied that an adequate or comparable level of protection is in place to protect your personal data held in that country.
IS MY PERSONAL DATA SECURE?
We take reasonable technical and organisational measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. To protect the security of your online order information, we use SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology. SSL technology encrypts your credit card number, order information and personal data before it is transmitted to help protect it from being decoded by anyone other than us. We also require our third party providers to take reasonable precautions to keep your personal data secure and to prevent unauthorised or accidental access, processing, erasure, loss or use of any personal data transferred. Unfortunately, no storage system and no transmission of information is completely secure.
HOW LONG WILL MY PERSONAL DATA BE STORED?
WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS?
In addition to being able to change (or withdraw) your consent for how we process your personal data, you may also:
• ask us to correct any inaccuracies with your personal data in order to help us ensure that your personal data is complete, accurate and up to date.
• (subject to certain exceptions) ask us for access to your personal data in our control or possession, and information about the ways in which this personal data has been or may have been used or disclosed by us within the year before the date of your request.
To make these requests, please contact us on the details as set out above.
You can opt-out of receiving direct marketing and promotional emails. If you change your mind you can unsubscribe at any time by amending your preferences in a link provided at the bottom of every e-mail that is sent to you by us. Alternatively, you may contact us, and we will deal with your request promptly.
DO YOU LINK TO OTHER SITES?
For your convenience, this website may include links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy and security policies which you should review. We do not accept any liability or responsibility for these other websites or their policies.
WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE?
It is important that you are able to control your personal data. In addition to the rights which are set out above under "What Are My Rights?", you can also update your preferences and certain information by contacting us on the details as set out above.
If you do not wish to receive emails from us, please follow the removal instructions at the bottom of the email (as outlined above).
If you want to exercise your rights in relation to your personal data or you have any questions or concerns about how we treat your personal data, you may contact us here.
We have enabled and use on the Website applications available from Google, termed Google Analytics Advertising Features. These include: Remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, and Google AdWords. These Advertising Features work together with cookies and cookie technology.
The Advertising Features collect specific visitor cookie data, such as the source, medium, and keyword used to visit the Website, and other information, such as how often users visit this Website, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other sites they used prior to coming to this Website. We use the information we get from Google Analytics only to improve this Website. Google Analytics collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit this Website. We use Remarketing with Google Analytics in conjunction with Google AdWords to display content specific advertisements to visitors that have previously visited our Website when those visitors go to other websites that have the Google Display Network implemented.